Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yummy!

I wanted to take the time today to update what Zoey's latest happenings have been.
She is now speaking in full sentences. Last night we went to the mall for an errand and ended up eating and playing in the food court area. On our way out, we stopped and got her a peanut butter cookie. She was very excited to eat it. As soon as we pulled out of our parking spot she yelled, "UMMM... This cookie is yummy!!!" Gabe and I looked at each other and laughed. When she coughs, she covers her mouth and says, "Okay." I don't even have to ask her if she is okay. This morning she sneezed and then said, "Bless You!" She is so expressive and just makes us giggle.
She has also started to imitate me in her play. (She also imitates everything I say.) She has been taking a stuffed snoopy dog and laying him down in a cozy little compartment of her art table and saying, "Puppy, nap!" Then she lays down on the kitchen floor and says "SHHHH......" and puts her finger over her lips. Then she whispers to herself for a few minutes. If the puppy isn't asleep she re-situates him and does this whole routine again. She cracks me up!
Another thing that has amazed me lately is that she is finding numbers and letters in all kinds of environmental print. She will point out stop signs, letters and numbers on banners, menus at restaurants, billboards, and within words on signs. It is unbelievable how I can watch her brain absorbing more and more and applying it to new situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home